At Bolt Burdon we pride ourselves on giving clear and accurate costs advice at the right times so that there are no surprises. This transparent approach, combined with the quality of service provided, helps us ensure that we give every client value for money.
We promise to consider and advise you on all options available for funding our work. These may include:-
- a fixed fee
- staged fixed fees
- monthly retainer
- ‘no win no fee’ arrangements – contingency or conditional fees
- A fee based on hourly rates, in which case we will give you estimates at the outset and as the case progresses
We will always consider whether your fees may be paid by someone else e.g. under a Legal Expenses Policy, by a Union or your employer.
We do not undertake publicly funded work but if we think you may qualify for public funding we will advise you and recommend another firm.
We will also:
- Advise you if charging rates are to be increased;
- Advise you of any disbursements that are likely to be incurred;
- Advise you of the circumstances where we may be entitled to exercise a lien for unpaid costs;
- Advise you on any potential liability for any other party’s costs;
- Advise on the costs risks of any claim;
- Confirm our costs advice in writing;
- Advise on the remedies if you are unhappy with our fees.
Our approach is to be flexible and to try and accommodate our clients’ individual preferences and needs.
SRA Transparency Rules
Bolt Burdon is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and is subject to the requirements of the SRA Transparency Rules regarding Pricing and Service Information for certain areas of work.
The areas of work undertaken by Bolt Burdon within these Rules are as follows and for further information about each category of work, just click the link below:
- Residential conveyancing covering freehold or leasehold sales
- Residential conveyancing covering freehold or leasehold purchases
- Residential conveyancing covering freehold or leasehold re-mortgaging
- Probate – uncontested and with all assets in UK.
- Employment tribunals – bringing or defending claims for unfair or wrongful dismissal.
- Debt recovery – up to £10,000
Any pricing information provided under the scope of these Rules should be regarded as generic and should not be relied on as a fixed figure.
All fees referred to in this and the following pages are exclusive of any VAT which will be added at the current rate, currently 20%.
Our firm view is that there are often many variables that will have an impact on our fees. We can give you a much clearer indication if we have the facts of your case before us. We can then provide you with an accurate figure which you can rely on. You will know not only the costs basis but also the scope of the work that we will be carrying out for you.
Our individual quotes will show the VAT due for both our fees and for any disbursements (payments to third parties) that we need to pay as part of the work carried out.