If you have a complaint, contact our Compliance Manager (preferably by email email@example.com) with the details.
What will happen next?
- The Compliance Manager will write to you to acknowledge your complaint, enclosing a copy of this complaints procedure. We will acknowledge your complaint within two days of receiving it.
- The Compliance Manager will either ask the solicitor or caseworker dealing with your matter to investigate the concerns you have raised or, if your complaint is about the person handling your matter, a senior member of staff will be appointed to investigate the complaint.
- The member of staff appointed by the Compliance Manager will then respond to your complaint. The response will be made by email, telephone or letter, or we can arrange a meeting at your convenience. You will normally receive this response within 4 weeks of us receiving your complaint but if we consider that we need longer to investigate we will let you know.
- If we have to change any of our timescales we will let you know and explain why.
- If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint you can ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the complaint. The Legal Ombudsman provides an independent, impartial and free service to members of the public, very small businesses, charities, clubs and trusts for resolving complaints against solicitors. Please contact the Legal Ombudsman directly to clarify whether you can have your complaint considered. The details are as follows –
Normally you will need to refer a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final response from us. Full details regarding time limits are available from the Legal Ombudsman.