Working for Bolt Burdon
Bolt Burdon is not big but we work really hard at getting the right team of people – we call them Bolt Burdon Professionals. A BBP understands and shares our goals, is self motivating, is proud and excited by our profile, wants to work in a diverse and friendly environment, can make the best possible use of IT, is passionate about his work, loves innovation and change, likes to work in teams and recognises the importance of formal quality structures.
We measure by results (not hours worked!). Because our staff are all BBPs there is no need to keep checks on time worked – on the contrary we encourage everyone to work when, where and how it suits them and their clients best. We do not have any fixed office hours or any fixed number of days holiday (save for some minimum safeguards).
We do measure results in 5 areas – in order of importance
- Exceeding clients expectations
- Doing management and administrative duties professionally and on time
- Meeting financial targets
- Contribution to practice development
- Contribution to the life of the firm.
Work should be fun
- Professionally – what bigger joy is there than celebrating a good win at court, or the successful completion of a big deal? and
- Socially – it is very important to us that we all get on well and have fun together. A drink on a Friday night, a trip to Florence to run a marathon, a firm walk in the country – there are always opportunities to have fun with your colleagues.
Fit and healthy
We believe passionately that fit and healthy staff provide a better service!
We are currently financing
- training to enter a team in a dragon boat regatta
- a netball team
- a football team
- weekly boxercise class
- weekly yoga class
- a fruit bowl in the kitchen
and there are many other ad hoc activities.