I have been a Partner at Bolt Burdon since 2005 and head up the firm’s Company/Commercial team. I trained at a large City firm and then worked in their Corporate Department for 4 years, before moving to Bolt Burdon at the start of 2004.
We work with individuals, companies and other organisations, advising on a range of corporate transactions and commercial arrangements, including:
- all aspects of corporate law, partnership and LLP law, including shareholder agreements, investment agreements and partnership/LLP agreements;
- equity fundraising (including crowd-funding) and angel/venture-capital investment, and debt-finance and security arrangements, for both early-stage and more mature businesses;
- joint-venture arrangements/structures of various different kinds, including for property development projects; and
- company/business acquisitions and disposals, including earn-outs and management buy-ins/outs, and exit or succession planning (e.g. share option schemes, cross-option agreements etc.).
- all types of commercial agreements covering the supply and/or distribution of products and services, terms of business, e-commerce, franchising, sub-contracting, consultancy and agency;
- procurement framework agreements and other outsourcing projects in various sectors (including construction, utilities and technology); and
- technology/software development and licensing, and other intellectual property issues, including IP protection/strategy, confidentiality and data protection.
Out of the office, I spend my time with my wife and 2 boys, eat good food, go running (slowly), play cricket for the mighty Bodicote CC (plus squash and tennis when I can), watch Arsenal FC and Banbury United FC, and avoid DIY.