I am a Partner at Bolt Burdon and head of one of the firm’s two Company/Commercial teams.
I trained at a large City firm and, having qualified in 1999, I worked in the Corporate Department as an assistant solicitor for just over four years. I moved to Bolt Burdon at the beginning of 2004 and became a Partner the following year.
We advise a wide range of individuals, companies and other organisations on the following:
- all types of commercial agreements covering the supply and/or distribution of products and services, e-commerce, franchising, sub-contracting, consultancy and agency;
- procurement framework agreements and other outsourcing projects (including NEC3 contracts) in various sectors such as construction, utilities, engineering and technology;
- technology/software development and licensing, and other intellectual property issues, including strategy, protection, confidentiality and data protection.
- all aspects of corporate law, partnership and LLP law, including drafting shareholder agreements, investment agreements and partnership/LLP agreements;
- equity fundraising (including crowd-funding) and angel/venture-capital investment, and debt-finance and security arrangements, for both early-stage and more mature businesses;
- joint-venture arrangements/structures of various different kinds, including for a number of property development projects;
- business acquisitions and disposals, including earn-outs and management buy-ins/outs, and exit/succession planning (e.g. share option schemes, cross-option agreements etc.).
Outside the office, I spend as much time as I can with my family and also play (or watch) as much sport as possible.