I am a Partner in Bolt Burdon and specialise in Contentious Property issues.
I deal with all disputes concerning land and property, including commercial and residential landlord and tenant:
- Recovery of ground rent and service charge arrears
- Disputes concerning dilapidations, rent reviews, distress, forfeiture etc.
- Breach of covenants e.g. failure to obtain Landlord’s consent on assignment, underletting, alterations etc. or Landlord’s failure to comply with his/her obligations under the Lease
- Possession proceedings including claims against squatters, adverse possession, trespass, nuisance, easements and prescriptive rights
- Neighbour disputes (including boundary disputes)
- Business Lease renewals under Part II of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Termination of residential and business leases and tenancies and surrender
- Applications to the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal and the Lands Tribunal e.g. in connection with the reasonableness of service charges, appointment of managing agents etc.
- Property-related Professional Negligence
- Construction Disputes
- Management Disputes
In addition I deal with:
- Collective Enfranchisement
- Lease extensions
I was recently involved in two separate cases in the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal concerning service charge issues in which we obtained very successful results for our clients and succeeded in a tricky possession claim which came about following a fraudulent agent granting a tenancy without the landlord client’s consent. Costs to be assessed were awarded along with damages for use and occupation of the property and interest.
I am also a member of the Property Litigation Association. The mix of contentious and non contentious work means that I am dealing with something different every day and I am constantly learning something new.
I initially joined Bolt Burdon in December 2005 and absolutely love working here. The work ethic and social life at the firm makes Bolt Burdon exactly the type of firm that I feel proud to be a part of … we strive to exceed clients’ expectations 100% of the time and the firms working policies from flexible working hours, to accessibility etc. all make this achievable.
Outside of work I love socialising with colleagues and friends, going to the theatre, watching films and reading.
Read Yezdan's latest blog articles:
- Ban on fees charged by Landlords and Lettings Agents from 1 June 2019
- Landlords beware! … changes to the law requiring attention.
- Housing and Planning Act 2016: Update and Changes