I am a Partner at Bolt Burdon and head up the Real Estate Disputes Team.
We deal with a wide range of complex issues relating to residential and commercial properties and developments. My focus is to help clients avoid disputes where possible and with that in mind I always seek to encourage my clients to get us involved wherever they may be an issue from the outset. Where disputes have already arisen, my focus is to assist my clients in finding a practical and cost effective solution by considering and advising on all options.
Some of the areas that my team covers are:
- Advising on Airspace and Rooftop Development
- Advising on Electronic Communications Code and Telecoms
- Dealing with disrepair issues and dilapidation claims
- Disputes concerning rent reviews
- Recovery of ground rent and service charge arrears
- Breach of covenants e.g. failure to obtain Landlord’s consent on assignment, underletting, alterations etc. or Landlord’s failure to comply with his/her obligations under the Lease
- Business Lease renewals under Part II of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Termination of residential and business leases and tenancies and surrender
- Possession proceedings including claims against squatters, adverse possession, trespass, nuisance, easements and prescriptive rights
- Neighbour disputes (including boundary disputes)
- Management Disputes
- Property related Professional Negligence
Away from work you can usually find me stuck in a good book, eating out or planning my next trip away.
Read Yezdan's latest blog articles:
- Can a landlord be in breach for granting consent? – Duval v 11-13 Randolph Crescent Limited 2020
- Solicitor negligence – when buying property
- Coronavirus – protecting your home and the help available