Corporate and Commercial
E-commerce and Technology
Technology and e-commerce is the lifeblood of many businesses. However, as the law in this area continues to develop, the legal and commercial issues facing businesses who buy, sell, operate or rely on technology are changing all the time.
Websites are now an invaluable marketing and procurement tool for most businesses. If you are developing or upgrading your website, make sure your initial brief/specification is clear, the timetable and payment terms are agreed, and you are protected if anything goes wrong. We can advise you on:
- website design, development and/or hosting agreements;
- website terms and conditions and content licences; and
- disclaimers and privacy statements/policies.
If you are licensing, developing or replacing business software or hardware, make sure the specifications and timings are agreed in advance and that you have a contractual remedy if there are delays, viruses or programming errors. We advise our clients on a wide range of:
- software licences and escrow agreements;
- software maintenance/support agreements; and
- software development, design and/or consultancy agreements.
Technology and e-commerce are (by their very nature) constantly developing and so is the law that applies to them. We help your business keep pace with the relevant changes and ahead of its competitors.