Often construction projects start as an opportunity for professionals to work together and create something new. Whether a residential or commercial project, developers, owners, contractors, consultants and interested third parties all come together to provide their expertise.
The related agreements and works however give rise to significant risk. As the project develops, adjustments are sometimes required and issues may occur that can impact the timeframe for completion, the estimated cost of the project or the ability to complete. Disputes can arise at any point and can have a detrimental impact not only on the project but on your commercial relationships.
From the start of a project, when it is important to establish and strengthen the relationship between the construction chain, through to completion our dispute resolution team can provide you with advice on your rights and help you to consider your next steps in a pragmatic and cost efficient approach to achieve your objectives.
We have experience in advising our clients in relation disputes involving:
- Industry standard documents, such as JCT, RIBA and NEC contracts
- Alternate Dispute Resolution including Arbitration and Adjudication
- Claims delay, interrupted or defective works
- Retention of title
- Debt recovery, final accounts issues and payment disputes
- Enforcement of an Adjudicator’s decision
- Professional negligence in construction contracts
If you are contemplating, or already involved in, a dispute it is advisable to seek legal advice at the earliest opportunity to protect your rights.