Don’t get bogged down
with property disputes.
Our specialist property litigation team has extensive experience in advising clients on all forms of property disputes both in London and throughout the country. We advise landlords and tenants as well as land owners on disputes involving the use of their land and buildings. Property disputes can be highly complex, fast moving and stressful. We therefore understand that our clients require rapid, commercial and cost-effective advice on resolving their disputes through the tactical use of dispute resolution options ranging from negotiations, mediation and litigation.
We act for both residential and commercial landlords, private individuals, retailers, developers, lettings and estate agents, charities and overseas clients. We also work closely with our firm’s Commercial and Residential conveyancing teams, and assist where necessary, to ensure that our clients’ property transactions run smoothly and on time. We strive to handle all our clients’ cases with a high degree of professionalism and take the time to listen to our clients’ concerns and commercial objectives, properly investigate the dispute, and advise on resolving property disputes or ideally preventing them in the first place. Our team’s goals are to be approachable, contactable and to exceed our clients’ expectations.
We can arrange representation for our clients within High Court and County Court proceedings, First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber), Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber), Planning Inspectorate appeals, Magistrates’ Court proceedings and local authority hearings. We can put together the right team for your matter at short notice to assist with your case with the ability to call upon a large network of property litigation experts and professionals including barristers, surveyors, valuers, managing agents, structural engineers, light and acoustics experts, certificated bailiffs and process servers.
Our team advises on the following range of issues:
- Enforcement of breaches of commercial lease terms
- Forfeiture and repossession of commercial premises
- Contentious break notices
- Commercial rent arrears recovery
- Rent reviews
- Business lease renewals (both opposed and unopposed)
- Commercial dilapidations and disrepair claims
- Landlords’ consents to assign, alter, sublet and change use
- Squatter repossession claims
- Possession and rent recovery in residential tenancy cases
- Recovery of service charges
- Deposit disputes
- Property related insolvency disputes
- Nuisance claims
- Party wall, boundary and neighbour disputes
- Adverse possession claims
- Enforcement of easements and restrictive covenants
- Co-ownership disputes
- Disputes arising out of the sale and purchase of land
- Telecommunication mast disputes
- Defending local authority planning and environmental enforcement actions
- Negotiating compensation for loss of rights of light and air
- Licensing Act problems
- Rights of Light