Death is a part of life.
While you are grieving let us take the strain.
Bolt Burdon’s highly experienced Wealth and Estate Planning team provides expert guidance in estate administration. Our aim is to ensure that even the most complex matters are dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
We have a particular focus on:
- High value estates;
- Estates of both UK domiciled clients with cross border assets and estates of non UK domiciled clients with assets across several different countries;
- Estates involving Heritage assets;
- Estate containing complex business arrangements and farming partnerships raising agricultural and business property relief issues;
- The administration of estates including Lloyds assets;
- Multiple related estates with quick succession relief issues.
We appreciate the loss of a loved one is a difficult time and becomes even more so for those asked to sort out the estate. Taking on this role can be problematic and can lead to personal risk if matters are not dealt with correctly. You can trust our team to recognise and offer proactive solutions to eliminate such risk.
In addition we will work to identify ways to minimise inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax payable by the estate.
We offer a free of charge no obligation initial consultation. During this meeting we take the time to talk you through all the tasks necessary to complete the administration of the estate to ensure you know exactly what needs to be done and why.
Following this we will provide you with a fixed fee quotation for administering the estate.
We pride ourselves on excellent client service and we will ensure that the executors and beneficiaries are all kept fully informed and up to date as the estate progresses.
Our team includes members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners, Solicitors for the Elderly and the Law Society Private Client section. We adhere to the Wills and Inheritance Quality scheme.
We can assist with:
- Complete estate administration
- Probate only applications
- Tax Planning including Disclaimers and Variations
- Estates with no will – Intestacy
- Establishing and administering Will Trusts
- Estate Tax Returns
- Cross Border Estates
- Negotiations with HMRC