Unusually for a law firm our clients benefit from the expertise of our dual qualified solicitor and Chartered Tax Advisor who adds value by identifying opportunities to mitigate tax whilst helping guide clients through the process avoiding the pitfalls and penalties that can arise from making a mistake.
We are the first to know the changes in tax law and you will be the first to benefit from any required action.
Our one stop tax planning service includes:
- A meeting with a specialist solicitor and/or Chartered Tax Advisor to discuss your hopes, dreams, wants and needs
- A written review of our meeting
- A Fact Form to help you further outline your current financial situation
- A bespoke written tax report outlining your current position and making suggestions to ensure any tax payable is mitigated and to help ensure your circumstances and plans are carried out in the most tax efficient manner
There will rarely be the need for our clients to have to find and then instruct another firm for professional tax advice. Our in-house qualified CTA can provide a joined up and comprehensive service, ensuring the steps identified to mitigate tax are put into effect without delay or further effort.
We also offer an ongoing review in the future and an ongoing relationship with a member of our team.
Some of the areas in which we have helped clients in the past include:
- Inheritance Tax planning when making Wills;
- Inheritance Tax planning post death including deeds of variation;
- Capital Gains Tax advice on the sale of a property;
- Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax advice on the gift of property;
- Gifts of Assets to Trusts and claiming hold over relief;
- Capital Gains Tax payable on disposals or shares either by sale or gift;
- Acquisition and Disposal of Assets by Trustees;
- The implication of setting up a trust both in the UK and offshore;
- The taxable effect of gifts or transfer of assets to a company;
- Reviewing partnership and Shareholders agreements to ensure they are inheritance tax efficient
- SDLT on purchase of land, lease extensions to ensure as tax efficient as possible
For a downloadable PDF on ‘Peace of Mind’, our combined wills and tax planning service click here.