“Business as usual” for the residential property sector?
With the recent government announcement of “business as usual” for the residential property sector, it appears to be all systems go. Many properties are being sold with astonishing speed, reflecting the “pent up demand” in the market place.
Once a sale has been agreed in principle, the legal work needs to be progressed. This includes the sellers completing lengthy forms and solicitors collating documentation. There is, however, no need to wait until a buyer has been found. In fact, it can be a frantic rush if you do, leading to delays and problems.
We believe that liaising with your lawyer before you have a buyer in place can speed up the whole process and iron out any legal issues before they turn into potential problems with a buyer’s lawyer.
In order to do this, we offer a Sale Ready Service. The rationale behind this is that we can prepare a legal package, on which a buyer’s lawyer should need to raise little or no enquiries because it is comprehensive, thorough and to the point!
These are just a few of the things we do to achieve this:
- Examine title documents and leases (especially lease plans) to identify any defects and to determine the best approach to rectify these.
- On leasehold properties, apply to the landlord or managing agent for their sale pack and, when received, review to pre-empt any queries which would be likely raised.
- Work through all property information forms to have them fully completed with supporting papers lodged with us (guarantees, certificates etc).
- Obtain copies of relevant consents from the Local Authority and/or obtain suitable indemnity insurance policies to cover any breach or lack of consent.
- Ask sellers if they want to order a Local Authority search now to save time (cost to be recouped from buyer on completion).
The benefits to our sellers include:
- No additional cost for this service – our instructions to act on a purchase simply start before a buyer is found.
- A seamless, stress-free and straightforward approach, with peace of mind given during these difficult times.
At Bolt Burdon, we strive to exceed our clients’ expectations and to provide an unparalleled service to everyone that we deal with. The service and offering is not the same from all law firms. Our clients and the results we get for them are at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be different in our approach and our clients tell us it works – and sets us apart from the rest.
If you are interested in selling your home and would like to discuss our Sale Ready Service, then please feel free to contact Sarah Davies on firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7288 4712 or any other member of our Residential Real Estate team.
And if you need any more convincing that this is a good idea, then please remember that during lockdown you have time to search for those old deeds and guarantees which you put in a ‘safe place’!