I am a Partner and head of the Commercial Real Estate team.
My team specialise in all aspects of commercial property work including:
- general property management,
- real estate support for secured lending matters and
- the property due diligence aspects of corporate transactions.
I have expertise in advising both UK and overseas investors and companies across a broad range of sectors including office, retail, leisure and manufacturing.
Highlights of some of the deals I have completed include:
- Advised in relation to a sale of a shopping centre in Reading worth £62 million and a sale of a commercial real estate portfolio in London worth £200 million.
- Advised numerous high-net worth clients in connection with the sale and/or purchase and re-finance of commercial properties across London worth £30-£50 million.
- Advised an offshore unit trust on various commercial lettings and general portfolio management matters for a shopping centre with 120 retail units.
I was mentioned as a ‘Recommended Lawyer’ in the Legal 500 United Kingdom 2017 edition.
Outside of work I spend a considerable amount of time running, swimming, socialising and managing various community associations. I also have a great interest in global affairs & politics and am a regular reader of the Economist.
Read Artan's latest blog articles:
- Is planning permission required for the installation of telecommunications equipment?
- Is a restrictive covenant the end of your development dreams?