I am a Partner and lead the Enfranchisement Team in Bolt Burdon.
I have extensive experience of all aspects of Enfranchisement Law having helped thousands of clients. I have specialised in this field for in excess of 15 years and have particular expertise in:
- Lease Extensions of both flats and houses (including issuing/opposing and conducting proceedings in the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal as well as the County Court)
- Enfranchisement Claims (typically the process used to describe the purchase of your freehold)
- Right to Manage claims (where you wish to take over management responsibilities from e.g. a landlord/managing agent)
- The Right of First Refusal (where as a landlord you seek to dispose of your freehold to tenants or to third parties)
- Purchasing or selling a share of a freehold interest in a property.
Whilst the law in this area is quite complex, I am able to provide easy to understand and straightforward advice about your options including the procedures, timescales, and costs involved and all tailored to your specific needs.
I have always believed that when acting for a client it is always important to be prepared to go that “extra mile”. A typical example of this is when I recently acted for a number of high profile sports and television personalities in the purchase of properties at Chelsea Bridge Wharf in South West London.
Many of my clients worked long unsociable hours or travelled extensively overseas. By making myself available around the clock and outside conventional office hours, I was able to ensure that they could focus on their work and leave the rest to me!
I am experienced in dealing with the sale and acquisition of complex ground rent portfolio’s and act for a mixture of small and large institutional investors.
Outside of work, I enjoy going to the gym, reading and writing. I am an avid football fan and like to follow my hometown club, Newcastle United, as often as possible.